Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thinspiration

If you type in the phrase "thinspiration" into any search engine, you are bombarded with pictures and websites that are pro-ana (pro-anorexia) and eating disorders. The pictures are of waif thin women, ribs and collarbones and hipbones jutting out through the skin and gaunt looks in their faces and eyes. Sadly, a term that could be quite motivating has such a negative connotations. But I'm using it anyway. I don't care.

So first, I have my celebrity motivation. Jennifer Nettles is a huge source of inspiration for me in so many ways. I find Sugarland's music greatly motivating, as well as her entire attitude and zest for life. But I also I love her shape and how lean and toned she is. I realize that it will take a lot of work and dedication to obtain a shape similar to this, but I am going for it.








Second, is past motivation is my mother when she was my age. She is about two inches shorter than me, but I know if she can have this body, so can I. Also, I really, really wish she still had that "Eat Your Heart Out" t-shirt.


Third is an online simulated projection of how I will look as I hit each 10 lb mark to my goal. I pulled it from a shopping website, so I know its not specifically for a weight loss tool, but the simulated figures are inspiring to me. 


 Lastly, I have motivational quotes, because I can't just sit around and stare at these pictures all day, every day and expect to lose. But I can have positive words running through my head and you should too, if you are trying to lose some weight. I want to be thin and I want to be inspiring. I am motivated and I want to motivate others. So I have added a motivational quote section in my sidebar, which I plan to update regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment